Monday, October 25, 2010

Ramblings..

The other day I went to this local Christian bookstore and I bought this book about when a spouse dies. I am nothing if not a planner. The woman behind the register asked me if I knew someone who was dying. I said, "Actually my husband is. He has cancer." She asked me what kind and I told her. She then proceeded to tell me about her husband's major hernia surgery. I am sure she meant well, but, um, Ma'am they don't really quite compare. Just so you know.....

---------------------------------

I have never seen the body of Christ work quite like it has during this crisis in our lives. There is not a day that goes by that I haven't gotten a phone message or a Facebook message or an e-mail with encouragement and love and prayers for our family. There have been more "playdates" for my children in this past month than there has been their entire lives. Without their help, I would literally be lost.

At church on Sunday, I was late due to many people asking me how Sean and our family was doing. The only seats available were in the front row. I sat there by myself and I felt so lonely I could have laid on the floor and cried. The seat next to me was so empty. All of a sudden, this woman sat next to me. Her name is Kathy. I know who she is because she is one of Sean's customers (I also know her address thanks to my Precioushead!) and she had talked with Sean while she was going through her divorce. She saw me and said to her husband, "Is that Sean's wife down there?" She felt the Lord tell her to come sit next to me. She did and it was probably one of the most beautiful things that anybody has ever done for me. She just held my hand and told me I wasn't alone. If that is God's hands and feet at work, I don't know what is.

----------------------------------------

I love my husband because even though he is the hospital and so medicated, the core of who he is still so intact. The other day he said to me, "Wife, could you please help me clean up. This place is a mess." That is so Sean. And every day I come I read him the Proverbs. I will purposely only read half of one that I know he knows and he will finish it and just smile at me. I love that man to the ends of the Earth...

No comments: