Monday, October 18, 2010

My New Best Friend

I have found a new friend to take along with me on this journey. Job. I read it once and like any sad song, I liked it but couldn't really understand the person's pain unless I walked in their shoes.

Today I was reading Joshua for my small group Women's Bible Study and it just wasn't doing it for me. And then I had a long talk with God. I told him that I was angry, that I was sad, that I really didn't like the way things were going and I finally started praying for certain things that I just felt were out of my control. Why let him handle it when I do such a good job myself? Ha..

Then I had a leaning on my heart like in no other time - "read the book of Job". So, I read the first chapter and when I read the last couple of lines, I knew that I knew this is the perfect time:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.

In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing."

Okay, God. I get the message. Your Name be praised..

1 comment:

Tim and Sarah said...

Jen,

Thank you for being so open and honest about what you're going through..you and Sean are never far from my thoughts and prayers...