Friday, October 3, 2008

The Tigger and Eeyore in me

Recently Sean and I have been facing a financial trial brought on by someone else. It has been very disheartening and I have been thinking a lot about it recently. You see, we watch a lot of Winnie The Pooh in our house and I admit I really enjoy watching them. Who wouldn't love to live in the Hundred Acre Wood and play all day and visit friends? But, I must admit the one character I cannot stand is Eeyore. He is just so negative and miserable and I just want to shake him until his little tail falls off! I feel this way because I really do see things mostly with a positive perspective. Life is hard, but beautiful and if you can just keep searching, the blessings always follow whatever hardship may come into your life. And if I were to compare my personality with any of these characters, I would most identify with Tigger even though sometimes my appetite rivals that of Pooh's!

So, that brings me back to this situation. I find that I have been looking at this with an Eeyore mindset and forgetting about my usual sunnier disposition. I am grateful for quiet times when I can remember that I have a Friend who walks beside me and "never leaves me nor forsakes me." He knows this situation and will bring the good out of it for us. I am thankful for that.

No comments: