Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Teamwork.....


Anyone who knows me for longer than five minutes knows that I am a huge Red Sox fan and we are well on our way to winning our 3rd World Series title in five years. The other night as we won our first series of games, I realized what I really love about the sport of baseball. It is truly a game of teamwork. Yes, there will always be the superstars who hit big bombs of home runs that can turn the game around on a dime but many times it's the quiet heroes who make the simple plays that wins the game. It's the guy who picks up the ball when another player may have missed it that gets the runner out. It's the catcher who tells the pitcher which pitch to throw. It's the manager who encourages the player whether he has just struck out or got that needed hit. It's the coach who sits in the batting cage in the heat that watches the same swing a hundred times. It's the teamwork. Isn't that just like with a family? Many times John gets Hunter's shoes for me when we are in a rush to get to an appointment on time. Many times over dinner Sean will say, "Would you like me to give the boys a bath?" There are a thousand ways that we work together to get through this thing called life. As I sit down to catch my breath while I listen to my boys play in the tub, I am thankful that I have people who pick up that missed ball for me........
So, there are 8 victories, 216 outs and two very good baseball teams to beat. Go Sox!!!!!

No comments: