Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like fall


Here are the stairs walking up to my home. They are adorned with one of my favorite flowers and one of my favorite parts of fall, my mums. It just wouldn't be fall without them. The one at the top of the stairs is my beautiful orange one with yellow tips that I bought and the gorgeous yellow one was purchased for me by my husband. That is a big deal because he is of the practical sort who feels that flowers are "frou frouy". So, on the rare occasion when he splurges on me, I really appreciate it.
I truly love fall and I wait every summer for the respite that it brings from the heat and humidity of this area. I love the crunch of the leaves beneath my feet, the feel of a warm sweatshirt around me and the beautiful colors, painted by the most wonderful Artist. I like that when I go outside to play with my kids, there is a crispness and coolness to the air. I get cranky when it's hot!!!
And I love that every time I climb those stairs to go home, my beautiful mums await me.

1 comment:

Tim and Sarah said...

Jen,

Your porch looks beautiful! There is nothing like flowers to brighten up a space and your mood huh? How sweet of Sean to take the time in a busy day to buy you flowers.