Friday, August 29, 2008

Old Cliches

Well, I have decided something tonight. The old cliches really do ring true. Today I saw a very pretty woman and she was with a man that wasn't so attractive. Immediately, I thought to myself, "What's she doing with him? She is so pretty?" I know, not good. Anyway, the more that I watched them, I noticed that he listened attentively to every word she spoke, he carried her bags for her and he pointed things out that he knew she was looking for. He just loved her and you could tell. Which brings me to that old saying, "It's what's inside that counts." Isn't that so true? And comforting to know that as I get older those old sayings really do hold water over time?" Like isn't it true that "home really IS where the heart is" and you do "win some and lose some"? It is a good idea to "get your ducks in a row" and it's reassuring to know that "every dog has his day"!

The older I get, the more philosophical I get. What you do put out really does come back to you and I am grateful for that. That in this world of such change for the good and the not so good, that something truly does stand the test of time.

1 comment:

Tim and Sarah said...

Hey friend,

I LOVE cliches and word origins so of course I loved your post. Would love to find out where all those cliches originated. Any idea? Oh yeah and the microwave cleaning idea is a great one, wish I had remembered to do it before company came!