Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's almost here..

I have exactly 12 days to go before my boy gets on that school bus and starts a brand new chapter of his little life. One that he is so excited about. I asked him the other day, "John John, are you afraid at all about starting school?" And he said in that inimitable way, "No." Like I was kind of foolish to even think for one second he would be afraid. He even cheered when I told him he wouldn't have to go to Shop Rite anymore with me and Hunter.

So, I have decided to take on John's attitude. When I think about him leaving and being gone all day, I will be happy. I will be filled with joy because he is starting such a grand adventure. Sure, kids will be mean and they all won't realize that he is one of God's GREATEST creations, and there will be crushes that will leave his heart broken, there will be friends who will treat him bad some days, but there will also be his burgeoning first steps into the world. And he will be loved every step of the way...

So, when I see that first e-mail inviting me to the first PTO meeting of the year, I will pick out a cute outfit and try to represent my boy well and do him proud! Because he has always made me proud......

No comments: