Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Building of Character

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. " James 1:2-4

My family has been going through a difficult time as of late dealing with a situation that I would really rather not be going through. But, I have learned in my walk with God that these trials are necessary to prepare me and equip me and develop a stronger walk with Him. So, just as I say no to my child when he is hungry because I am fighting for the greater good of a dinner well eaten, so I believe that God says no to me because He has my much greater good in mind. That can be a tough pill to swallow, but I long for more maturity and completion in my life. So, this is my lot. And I am going to sit through this storm and rejoice in the midst of it because this is a special time of year. This is when my Saviour was born with me in mind. What an opportunity to rejoice and celebrate in the midst of fear and anger. Thank you, Jesus, for never leaving me or forsaking me.

No comments: